Location: London, United Kingdom
Summary of role:
This is an important role in our business to manage key supplier relationships, many of which impact directly on our services and our customers. The role requires a candidate with a background in procurement who has experience in managing suppliers through the contract lifecycle from negotiation of commercial terms and contract terms to managing services through the contract period. In addition the successful candidate is likely to demonstrate an ability to understand the technical requirements of the services being provided by the supplier and a commercial outlook so that we fully utilise these services to maximise financial return. There is likely to be the opportunity to gain exposure to customers who utilise these services and in some instances negotiate customer terms to ensure consistency with terms on the supply side and therefore manage profit exposures between these two elements.
- To support procurement activities across Group by renewing existing arrangements, processing purchase orders on concur, managing requests for Non-Disclosure Agreements, resolving invoice queries.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for both internal and day to day supplier queries.
- Have a detailed understanding of the relevant sections of the Group Authority Framework (GAF) and be responsible for obtaining relevant signatures on procurement documentation as required by the GAF.
- To negotiate prices and commercial terms with suppliers to ensure that products and services are sourced t at the optimum price with minimal commercial risk.
- To work in conjunction with the Sourcing & Vendor Manager to ensure full visibility of contract expiry dates to ensure the appropriate business contact is made aware of the contract expiry and an agreed plan of action is implemented.
- To receive and validate supplier invoices against contract terms and reported usage data
- Assist in the management and optimisation of Supplier performance against Agreements
- Accurately document all components of our vendor relationships and Contracts into our Salesforce Supplier & Contracts database.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with other teams (including Group Operations, Accounts Payable, Compliance, Technology etc.) ensuring engagement when necessary.
Experience, skills and abilities:
- A broad knowledge of all areas of procurement is required
- Particular experience in purchasing Data would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive approach to customer service
- Strong investigative skills and a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated and diligent
- Ability to operate with considerable autonomy within policy guidelines with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of relevant contract law
- Effective contract and vendor management skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional membership of CIPS desirable
- Must speak fluent English. French or German as an additional language would be an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are regrettably unable to reply to all candidates individually. We will contact you if your application has successfully progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.